This course contains the essential requirements for the future farmer to be certified as organic farmer according to the EU organic farming legal requirements.
It is structured in such a way, so as to fulfil the requirements for both involved groups farmers and control bodies experts.
The course contains the following learning units:
· Introduction to organic farming
· Legal Requirements according to EU legal frame
· Transition/conversion form conventional to organic farming
· Requirements per category e.g. primary production, processed products et.
· Trade and Imports from third countries
· How to become organic farmer, what the cost might be and what is the meaning of organic logo
· Practical information through the SKIFF organic book section
Most sections include a short self-assessment quiz, as a means to identify possible difficulties in understanding the requirements of EU's legal framework with respect to organic farming.